In a decade in India should be sold mainly electric, hydrogen and hybrid vehicles
Alexander Klimov, photo by author carwale.com, gaadiwaadi.com
The government of India has announced ambitious plans market for sale exclusively electric vehicles by 2030. While in the 2018/19 financial year actual sales of electric cars in India was only 1.2 thousand, that given the 4-million car market (for the 2018 calendar year), just a paltry result. Thus, the Indian market PEV is still in its "very early stages of development", but gradually the dependence on the internal combustion engine needs in the long term decrease. New PEV incentive scheme was approved by Delhi in March 2019 (i.e. 2019/20 financial year – ed.).
The plan includes encouraging the purchase of individual customers of electric cars costing less than 1.5 million rupees ($21 170). To increase sales of electric vehicles, the rate of GST (VAT) for them was reduced in July 2019 from 12% to 5%.
a digest of the plans of the PEV segment in India 2019/20 year:
• In July 2019 Hyundai has released a compact electrocreaser Kona Electric.
• Department of Mahindra Electric today produces two models of electric vehicles: compact citymobil e2oPlus and sedan eVerito, and also working electrotransmission with a higher reserve. In the 2018/19 financial year, Mahindra has sold 10 of 276 units of electric vehicles. An electric version of the compact crossover eKUV100 (photo screensaver) is scheduled to run until the end of 2019.
Electric version of the crossover on the platform of the SsangYong Tivoli is scheduled to launch in 2020.
• Tata Motors released an electric version of the hatchback Tigor, but currently it is only available for corporate customers.
• The company JLR announced the launch of hybrid models of Land Rover in the end of 2019, and the I electric car Jaguar-Pace in 2020-th year.
• Nissan plans to release in Indian market your electro hatchback costs LEAF by the end of 2019.
• Currently, several European manufacturers offer in India hybrid models in their product lines: BMW (hybrid road i8 sports coupe and the premium sedan 7-series)
Honda (Accord Hybrid sedan), Volvo (XC90 crossover Excellence), Toyota (hatchback Prius) and
Lexus (sedan ES 300h, the Lexus NX300h crossover, the crossover RX 450h and RX 450h F Sport).
• It is expected that Maruti-Suzuki will release a hybrid version of the Swift hatchback Range Extender to the end of 2019.
• Toyota and Suzuki signed a Memorandum of understanding on cooperation in the development of the strategy launch of electric vehicles in the Indian market.
• Volvo plans to start Assembly in India is the hybrid model of the XC90 T8 crossover by the end of 2019.
• Startup Hriman Motors based in Delhi, is planning to release a 2-seater model electrolicious under the designation RT90, which will have a range of 200 km on a single charge.
• Toyota has released a hybrid version of the Camry sedan in early 2019.
• In November 2019 was launched a advertising campaign electrocreaser MG eZS under the hashtag #ChangeWhatYouCan.
By the way, it will become the face of British star – actor Benedict Cumberbatch (known for the TV series "Sherlock" – ed.).
• Tata Motors plans to launch an electric version of the hatchback Altroz presented at the Geneva motor show in 2019. Electro hatchback costs on the platform of the ALFA (Advanced Light Flexible Agile) to design the key Impact 2.0 (the second model after the Harrier solved in this style) might be on the market within the next two years..